Sellers and Landlords are reported to be unhappy with the service they receive for the fee they pay and want things to change (average fee £5,140 plus VAT). Here are some recent articles highlighting some of the problems encountered. We believe that there are some great people in the industry and we hope to be able to set our people apart from those who drag down the good work of the majority.
BBC - Letting Agency Complaints up 26% in 2011
Which - Are Estate Agents Really That Bad?
The Guardian - A quarter of people feel Ripped Off by Agents
Daily Mail - Revealed: The 10 Ways estate agents rip off their customers
Virtually all buyers search for property online on major portals such as Rightmove and Zoopla - they do not go into estate agents offices or engage with them until they find something to view (95% start searching online, www.rightmove.co.uk).
So what do traditional estate agents do for their fee?
- Attend your home, provide an estimate of value, measure up and take photographs
- Put the property on to the online property websites
- Arrange a viewing and put forward an offer when contacted by telephone
- Attend the property for viewings
- A little bit of post sale support
- 20 May 2014