According to a July 2018 survey conducted by TheAdvisory, average estate agent fees are currently 1.42% including 20% VAT. Individually, fees usually vary from anywhere between 1-3%.
How much are our estate agent fees?
We don't take a percentage of your selling price. Instead we charge a fixed fee. We feel this is a much fairer way to sell your home.
Payment options to suit your needs
Choose from two payment options to suit your individual circumstances. Either way, you pay the exact same amount.
- If you choose to pay now, your one-off fee will be payable upon choosing to instruct us. Simple.
- Have one less bill to worry about later down the line.
- It’s the same price as choosing to pay later.
- If you choose to pay later, your one-off fee is payable once your house is sold, or up to 10 months after instructing us - whichever is sooner.
- If you opt to use our Advanced Conveyancing or Accompanied Viewings, you can also pay these later at no extra cost.
- It’s the same price as paying upfront.
See how much you could save...
Use our savings calculator to see exactly how much you could save compared to using traditional estate agents.
Our fixed fee (inc. VAT)
- Rest of the UK
- London & surrounding areas
- Your savings:
Other costs to consider when selling your home
Moving home is a big life event – which is why it's good to get an upfront understanding of all the potential costs involved.
FAQs about estate agent fees
Get answers to some of our most frequently asked questions about estate agent fees and services.
The duties of an estate agent are regulated by the Estate Agents act 1979 - but charging commission is part of a contract set out by the estate agent, meaning the percentage they charge is completely up to them.
While not typical in the UK, some smaller or independent estate agents may be willing to negotiate their percentage. That said, it is unlikely to dip much lower than 1%. Larger, nationwide estate agents are less willing, due to strict policies they will have in place regarding commission levels.
Fees presented by traditional estate agents are required by law to include VAT, but it is worth bearing in mind that some estate agents may still decide to exclude this information. If so, there will be an additional 20% to consider on top of the advertised fee. Purplebricks’ fees are inclusive of VAT, so the price you see is the price you pay.