Update as of Monday 29th June
Keeping Britain Moving Safely: Virtually or At Home
The Governments in England, Northern Ireland and Scotland have given the go-ahead to start having viewings and valuations at home again.
Offering you choices on how to move
Although you can now have viewings and valuations in person, Purplebricks is giving you the choice about how you’d like to move. If you’re happy to have in-home appointments, we’re now offering these again. But we know that some customers may be isolating or feel nervous about allowing people into their homes. So, if you’d prefer to stick with a virtual service with valuations and viewings done remotely, we can still do that too.
Selling your home (England,Northern Ireland and Scotland Only)
- If you opt for an in-home valuation, our Local Expert will visit you at a time and date that suits you. They’ll call you in advance of their visit and talk through how it will be conducted safely.
- They’ll take all necessary safety precautions, including wearing face coverings and following social distancing guidelines at all times.
- When we visit, please keep all internal doors open and lights on - so we don’t have to touch anything.
- Where possible, we will hold any conversations with you outside the property.
- We’ll ask those in the household to remain in another room or outside the property while we take photographs, measure up for floor plans and any video tours.
- When we do your photography, we'll ask you to have everything ‘photo ready’ ahead of our visit to limit any contact.
- As much as our agents love a cup of tea, we’re sorry we can’t accept any offers of drinks at the moment.
If you or anyone in your household has recently been diagnosed with COVID-19, is self-isolating or shielding, we’d be unable to visit your home but can still get your house on the market remotely.
Managing Viewings Safely (England, Northern Ireland and Scotland Only)
We’re still offering virtual viewings for customers who want them. For those that would like us take care of the viewings in person, here’s how we’ll be managing this safely for you:
- When the viewer arrives, your Local Property Expert will check with them that they aren’t showing any symptoms of COVID-19 and brief them to maintain social distance and not to touch anything inside the property.
- Everyone viewing a property should wash their hands with soap and water, or hand sanitiser if not available, as soon as they arrive.
- Your Local Property Expert will take all necessary precautions, including wearing face coverings and following social distancing guidelines at all times during any accompanied viewings.
- We’ll ensure we leave adequate time in between viewing appointments to avoid viewing times overlapping.
- We’re also ensuring there’s no more than 2 people from the same household viewing the property at any time.
- We won’t be hosting open houses at this point in time.
We’ll also be checking with any potential viewers before the viewing takes place if anyone in their household has recently been diagnosed with COVID-19, is self-isolating or currently shielding. If this is the case the viewing will need to be conducted remotely using virtual technology.
Guidance for Wales
In Wales, Purplebricks Local Property Experts will continue to conduct all viewings and valuations virtually until further notice from their national assembly.
We’re using a range of video technology, such as WhatsApp, FaceTime, Zoom, Duo and Hangouts to conduct all viewings and valuations. Please get in touch with your local expert for more details.
Video technology was something we were doing before the Coronavirus outbreak. As this technology becomes an increasing part of our daily lives, we are adapting and scaling up how this can keep home-movers connected.